Monday, September 17, 2012

Latest scandal among Royals....

On the Wild, Wild Web, this article in the Times of India tempted me to comment so I did, sending them this comment about it:


Following which, I received this nice reply from their staff:-


Modern communications are vastly different than those of my youth, when I was
delivering a sack full of Toronto Daily Stars each morning before breakfast, and
receiving practically nothing for my efforts. Now, it all happens at computer terminals and I can exchange comments with the staff of the largest English language publication in the world, halfway around the world, and receive a reply
in minutes. When I was a kid fighting off neighborhood dogs to put those papers
on subscribers' doorsteps before breakfast in the mornings, all this would have been considered unbelievable 'science fiction' or pure fantasy. 

2 comments:

  1. arf....arF...aRF...ARF....ARFARFARFARF!!!!!...(I remeber those days (mornings) too!

    (dogs haven't changed either...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Uncle Ron....

    Reading this, I was tempted to offer one of my mother-in-law jokes, but maybe I shouldn't ridicule those now in The Great Beyond....

    ReplyDelete