Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today's the first of the rest of our lives...

I've just watched a YouTube video of President Obama's victory speech, and he seems happy not to have to call the movers. I'm happy about that myself, even though I'm not one of his citizens. 

On one of the media outlets here in Canada the other day, some self-styled expert wrote a piece about which of the two presidential candidates would be best for Canada, assuming he won. The conclusion the writer came to was that
Romney would likely have been the better of the two as far as Canadian interests might be concerned. Personally, I disagreed with that conclusion.

I don't think we should be looking for an American President who might be good for Canada. I think we ought to be looking for an American President who is good for America, because when America does well, so do we, and when America is in trouble, so are we. Our economies and our resources and our destinies are so closely tied together that we are like one big family. And I'm glad that President Obama has been returned for a second term. I have hope that America can and will overcome its financial and other difficulties and make the compromises it needs to in order to reach the greatness to which it aspires.

1 comment: