Saturday, October 8, 2011

My glasses - the sequel.

This morning, because they're usually open Saturdays, I drove over to the Optometry to get new nose pads on my fancy Japanese frames. A nice little notice on the front door from Doctor Deb informs its readers that they're closed Saturday and Monday for the Thanksgiving Holiday. 

Oops! I hadn't been paying attention to the calendar. So I drove home, and on the way, I realized I have a quite a collection of former and complete  prescription frames - so why not take the pads off one of those and fix my own glasses, instead of waiting until Tuesday and squinting a lot with the old ones I restored to service?

Good idea! I've even kept a pair of those magnifier-only type drug store eye glasses from away back when. Slipping those over the former prescription ones gives me not-quite-Xray-vision. I grabbed my handy miniature set of screwdrivers, removed the pads from an old set of frames, put them onto these present ones, and voila! I can see normally again. So when I go back to visit Doctor Debbie, and she asks me to read the eye chart, and tell her what the bottom line says, I can honestly say "Made in U.S.A.". All of which goes to prove that necessity is still the mother of invention. Don't you just love happy endings?
 

3 comments:

  1. I neede a laugh this morning...Thanks Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say...I needed a laugh this morning...Thanks Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, my friend - try to enjoy your day down there in the banana belt.

    We're in the midst of another several days of rain up here.

    This seemed like the shortest summer on record around here. We had about three weeks of really summery weather and then back to the rain.

    ReplyDelete