Sunday, October 30, 2011

Walt Kelly's 'Pogo' classic.... just for you!

This goes back to a Christmas Past (1961, I think) and was a part of the album 'Jingle Bell Jazz' from back about then, featuring Duke Ellington, Lionel Hampton, Chico Hamilton, Carmen McRae, Pony Poindexter, Herbie Hancock, Paul Horn, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Lambert, Hendricks & Ross ( doing this one here) Marlowe Morris, and Miles Davis.  It's a Columbia 12-inch LP, and now let's listen to the classic 'DECK US ALL WITH BOSTON CHARLIE'.......


And as long as I'm digging out the Golden Oldies here, I just can't stop without this one. It's one of my favorites done by Chet 'Mr. Guitar' Atkins, and I wish I'd bought more of his albums - I only have 25 of them.....

2 comments:

  1. Ba Humbug.... Jan 2nd is on the way
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tommy -

    Aha! So while you were planning those renovations to Home Sweet Home
    you weren't making allowances for that fat guy in the red suit coming down the chimney, huh? And now you figure maybe you ought to just ignore the whole thing and hope it goes away, huh? Won't work! I tried it, but there's just too many store-keepers out there, Tommy, and they are the ones who really invented Christmas you know.
    They needed it to finance that tropical vacation between Thanksgiving and Easter. Get the picture? Good! I'm always glad to help....

    ReplyDelete