Monday, October 3, 2011

West Vancouver at night


Not a nice night, but after all it is October, on the pointy end of the rainy season again, when we all wonder if we will sprout webbed feet before spring rolls around once more. This fall I thought would be a nice pleasant fair weather one, to make up for that completely forgettable spring and almost-summer we've just had. The portents are not favorable, prognosticationally speaking, and I see rain gear in our immediate futures. The Bikini Season is most definitely history.

And to my sister Joan, if you're reading this on your semi-new laptop, now actually and finally on the internet at last, well done, my dear! I had almost given up hope, but again you've proven me wrong, and good on ya!


On that cheerful note, we will now move on to a look at some autumn colors around a hydro-electric station where I once worked, many, many years ago in the good old days, when men were men, and all the gals were naturally double-breasted. Silicone was for grouting the bathroom tiles back then, and Flower Power was all the rage, except in the boonies where I lived. We still believed in old-fashioned electric power, and I helped keep it going.


Isn't that pretty? There's nowhere quite like the eastern shores of Lake Superior in the autumn when the maples turn colors. There's a strip of mostly hardwood forest for about ten miles or so inland from the shores of the lake, in its traditional 'snow belt' and people come from many miles around to enjoy the views and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment