Thursday, January 16, 2014

And I did solve the booting problem....


If you look down along the bottom of that open window, it shows how many other programs are available to download for use in PCBSD, and there's lots. You don't have to surf the web looking for them either - just pick from the listed categories, download, and then it's automatically installed.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's like the way it is for Macs and Macaholics. So if you aren't yet quite ready to enrich Apple, you can have much the same sort of system as a complete freebie by simply downloading and installing this one.

And that booting problem? Solved with the help of EasyBCD. I hadn't been providing it with the right choices, and when I did, things worked OK. So now I have three functioning operating systems on here. Two flavors of Windows, and
this PCBSD, which is a whole other experience. Think of it as OS-X for the economically minded cybernaut. You can pay more, but why should you?

No comments:

Post a Comment