Friday, January 24, 2014

Your 'old' and my 'old' are not the same...


I've always loved the music of the Roaring Twenties, and sometimes I wonder if that might involve a previous life. I'll never know for sure, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the music.... and next here is one that Helen did originally and it was revived in the '80s by none other than Cyndi Lauper.....



George started off as a song plugger playing other people's stuff, and he ended up showing everyone how - and left us much too soon. Here's 'Do-Do-Do'....


And this is 'Lady Day' doing 'Summertime'. When I'm feeling 'blue' this always brings me back to a better place in another time....


Cole Porter doing his own 'Anything Goes'..... does it get any better?


Yes! It does..... so listen closely, Kiddies, to "You're The Top" 


And we have to include Hoagy's 'Stardust'. After Bing Crosby recorded it in 1931, it soon became the biggest selling recording in history, until the coming
of the rock era, when Der Bingle was long past his prime, and selling orange juice, and producing TV shows like 'Hogan's Heroes' with the profits... but speaking of Bing.....
 

Here he is with an old friend, doing what they did best. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment