Thursday, January 16, 2014

While I'm on PCBSD here.....

This is a screenshot showing its nice calendar, accessed by clicking on the clock.


And did I mention that this whole thing is 64-bit, and has about 1169 programs available to run in it? The two flavors of Windows on here, (Win-7 and Win-8) are both 32-bit, and everything works without a problem. 

As I mentioned to a friend in an email just now, Open Office has been ported to work on here, so with this and Open Office, you could do everything that you'd be able to do with Microsoft's Windows and Office, and it wouldn't cost you a dime, unless you wished to contribute something to the project. If I were Microsoft, or Apple, I might worry about that. And this system is more secure than either of those others. And that's another plus for it. You should try it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment