Friday, January 30, 2015

A little 'this and that' from 'Oldest Living Blogger'

It's the end of the first month of 2015, and the new increases to our pensions for the cost-of-living adjustments are in. I got a whole $28.76. With Prime Rib Ground Beef at $7.32 a pound, that's enough for 3.9 pounds. And speaking of Prime Rib Ground Beef, can anyone tell me when they started grinding up good Prime Rib for hamburger? It's really tasty, but so is Prime Rib, and being the suspicious type, I wonder if some smoothie is simply renaming Lean Ground Beef and making a bit extra on it. 

Anyway, the annual fixed income got re-fixed this month, and it's a year to the next one. And that $28 won't even buy a tank of gas. Ain't we got fun?


That golden oldie from the beginning of the Roaring Twenties makes we want a little more from that era. I've always like that music...


Cole Porter singing his own stuff...



This last one is the first old 78 rpm record I can remember playing on an old wind-up RCA Victor Victrola in our garage when I was a little kid, and it's still one of my favorite tunes. Some things, you just don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment