Friday, January 16, 2015

The bicycle, reinvented...


This is one of the reasons I hate being an Old Fart - someone has reinvented the bike we all grew up on, and this one isn't some fancy exotic model that will cost you as much as your first new car. It's under four hundred bucks. And practically maintenance-free. You never have to oil the chain, because it's a belt, like some motorcycles are using. You never have to fuss with a fragile rack of gears on the back axle, because the gears are inside the rear hub, just like on your old original bikes from many years ago, away from the dust and dirt, and not easily broken if the bike falls over. Like they say, practically maintenance-free. 

And I've had several bikes with 18 and 21 gears, and guess what? The only gear I ever really used was the top gear, because I'm out there to go someplace, not just play with the gears. And how would you like tires that didn't go flat while in storage on your bike hook in the storage room? You should check this out... if I wasn't older than nuclear fission, I might myself... I've ridden bikes most of my life, and what I learned on bicycles I put to good use on motorcycles later on, and enjoyed those for thirty years or so too. But start with a bicycle like this... because you probably don't need something that negotiates mountain trails as much as one that gets your cute little ass to the store or the mall or to work.

Their website? That would be right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment