Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Finally got my DVD-making skills working again...

Years ago, I made a few DVDs with pictures from the files, to play on the DVD Player through the TV, but then I moved on to newer operating systems and other programs, and forgot how it was done. So this week, I got back to it, and found the programs needed, and the directions for using them.

The first thing you need is Windows Movie Maker, to assemble your picture files into a format suitable for another program to convert into DVD files that can be burned to disc for use in a regular DVD Player. 

Once that's done, you need a program such as AVStoDVD to convert your Windows Movie Files into the required Audio_TS and Video_TS files for making the .iso image file from which you burn the actual DVD. 

And then, you need a program like ImgBurn to do the burning of the disc. And  that's pretty-much all there is to it. But it does take some time to go through the various stages of it. The good news is, when you're done, you've got a DVD that plays in any stand-alone DVD Player, not just in your computer. So you can watch it on your big flat-screen TV, and enjoy it almost life-size if you like. And that's why I've been reviewing the procedure. I can now make my own DVDs and watch them on TV. Isn't technology wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment