Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How safe is my neighbourhood ? - not very.....

This peaceful suburban scene is noteworthy for what it doesn't show this morning: a couple of bodies lying in the roadway, after a drive-by shooting incident here yesterday afternoon about 4:40 p.m.

Witnesses interviewed by police and media say they heard three shots at about 4:38 pm, and I would disagree with that. I was sitting here at the computer, and I heard one shot, followed by a brief pause, and then three more in rapid succession, for a total of four altogether. But regardless of that, it's fairly obvious that there are some of the 'bad guys' hanging out in this neighbourhood. That doesn't surprise me, because I've long suspected that some of these rich and wannabe-famous types around here didn't make their fortunes legitimately. Yesterday, we had a little proof of that, when persons unknown tried to kill a couple of them in the street. We still haven't heard if the attempt was successful or not. All we know for sure so far is that the two individuals who were shot are in critical condition in a local hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment