Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today's mail and other things....

Here's a copy of an e-mail sent to one of the Toronto Star's columnists, and his response....

Thanks for the note from North Van.
tw

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Sutton [mailto:raysutton@bcsupernet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:06 PM
To: Walkom, Tom
Subject: Re: 'Chest deep in Afghan quagmire'


Dear Thomas:

My perception of all this is that we're simply
making it easier for those Afghan poppy farmers
to raise bumper crops for the opium traders,
who in turn can afford more and better weapons
with which to kill off the foreign invaders.

If the Russians couldn't do it there, what makes
us think that we can? Osama Bin Missing is probably
laughing his ass off at us. How stupid can we get?

Regards,

Ray Sutton in North Vancouver, B.C.
 
And on the weather front, it changes quickly here on the 'wet coast' for sure. Overnight, it got colder and rainy, and this morning, it was only 46 Fahrenheit on the balcony, and pouring buckets. This gave me a great opportunity to really test those new flat-style windshield wiper blades that I got a few weeks ago. These don't have any of those little bow-shaped supports normally found on the regular style blades, and the Good News is that they really work in a heavy rain, and they don't make weird noises, and they don't skip parts of the glass. I'd rate them at a 9 out of 10, only because nothing's perfect. But these are very close. You should try them.
 
Now that the weather is once again clearing up, with the sun coming out again, I may not get a wet posterior later this afternoon when I drop by the local First Memorial Funeral Service up on the hillside near one of my formerly favourite watering holes and show lounges next to a local College. I've had this prearranged plan for years already, but I haven't yet been around to actually check out the real estate where I will eventually end up. So today, the gentleman who runs the place invited me to come over and decide where I'd like to be located. Actually, I was sort of thinking about a clothing optional resort in the Caribbean, or maybe a little beach on the dry side of Bora Bora, but since I've already paid for all this, I guess I'll have to settle for something closer to home. I grew up back east on a street where the local cemetery was right across from us, so it's not exactly unfamiliar territory. And people are still dying to get in.....
 
  

4 comments:

  1. You´re soooo funnnny!!! Hahaha. I´ll take you in a cauldron (or what´s the name for the jar storing one´s ashes) and I´ll take you to beautiful and warm and sunny Gran Canaria, and think of all the senoritas......
    Are you interested???? Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I forgot: those new wipers, of the broader type: my rental car in GC had them, and I can confirm what you say. They didn´t have to tackle buckets of rain, it rarely rains in GC, but all the dust is swept away so easily without screetches on the screen.

    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gran Canaria and all those cute little senoritas sounds wonderful, but how are we going to race around that go-cart track if I'm in an urn?

    Enjoy your day, Monsieur!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would take it easy, you might otherwise topple over in all these bends...

    Rainy day here in D. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete