Sunday, October 12, 2014

Security programs...

I'm on Windows 7 for this, and haven't used it for weeks. Starting it up, while updating all the security and Windows, my Avast Internet Security informs me that I have a risky program on here that it would like to remove. The risky program was McAfee Site Advisor. I went into Control Panel -> Programs and Features, and removed it myself. Avast has its own, of course, and that's why it's acting jealous. But it hasn't complained about the WOT (Web Of Trust) which just might be better than both those others. I like the WOT because it is based on user ratings, not on some security company's unproven advertising promises.

And as my dentist used to say, "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that the world isn't out to get you." He struck it rich with some gold mining stock and retired, and I've never found anyone half as good since. But an 82-year-old man like me with beautiful looking dentures would be like an 82-year-old woman with 18-year-old breasts. Not quite believable. And I don't want to bite anyone anyway. I already know what butt-smooching tastes like. I've been married twice. I'm trying to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment