Saturday, March 29, 2014

Finally, from Pascal, in Lebanon......

Phew. Finally half-over with the intense sleepiness of the anti-histaminics. Plagued be those processionary caterpillars! They sure took advantage of the non-winters we're having more and more. If they were carnivorous on top, they'd make one fantastic (and icky) horror flick.
Note to self: try to get back on the blog some day. I've got a draft about the caterpillars. One of my 50+ awaiting drafts!!!
On to our business.

Chekhov? Puh-leeze. His gun wasn't even automatic. Check ovt Pascal's Gaitling Cannon™ for a REAL man's weapon. ("Take advantage of our limited-time special deals before we ship everything to Syria.")
OK, so I'll read his bio on Wikipedia if my juice doesn't get prematurely thunderstruck. For one thing he looks like a rather handsome fella. We already have this in common.

Daily life is essentially about going to work (my own practice), and now that I've got my driver's license plus proper training, I've started driving there and back on my own. Never really had need to drive before that. But I must admit, my days have gotten rather lonely as a result. And the first 6-16 months are always slow.

OK, that'll have to be all for now. There's a surprise storm tonight (Mother Nature sour at DST?...), and I'd rather not leave my modem plugged to the land line for too long. Sometimes, lightning can strike the wires, surge protectors or not.
I'm having trouble connecting my Netbook at work (slightly incompatible modem), but Facebook on my tablet works just fine. Only downside is the slightly unpractical virtual keyboard. So, I suggest you "friend" me on FB if you want to miss me less.

I've heard of a dusty sound (invented it myself) and a red smell (ditto, more in my 3rd novel), but what's a nosy color? Is that close to booger green?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogerman

"It was a dark and snotty night, when, like a flick out of nosewhere, Professor Stinkbaum felt a most ill-timed urge to sneeze during his reading of a fine Bulwer-Lytton novel, chapter one, paragraph one. An appropriate time this was snot."

Aw, speck! Shoot a spraying fire and call me Gezundheit! Too late, I'm in the dark. Hail no, say it isn't so!
OK, I'll copy-save that draft and send it after the storm. It's not like an extra couple of days will do a big difference anymore. :-(

There's something delightful about what Pascal does with language, and I'm very pleased to hear from him again. It's also a relief to know that he's still OK over there, where being OK isn't always something we can take for granted. It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to sign up on FB.
Both Pascal and distant relatives have been urging me to do that. Maybe I'll have another look at the security concerns of it. FB isn't the most secure setup I've ever seen. But I'm digressing again - for now, I'm just happy that Pascal's still alive and well and doctoring in Lebanon. We have a mutual friend in the U.K. who keeps us tuned in, and to him, my thanks. One can never have too many friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment