Saturday, May 31, 2014

The previous reminded me of....


Most of you are probably too young to remember Frankie Carle and his Orchestra, and that's too bad, especially if you like nice piano playing. He was a pianist and orchestra leader most of his life, and was inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame in 1989. He has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He died in 2001 just a few weeks shy of his 98th birthday.


This one, some of you may remember.... 

But YouTube hasn't got a lot of his best stuff, such as these albums of medleys,
perhaps for copyright reasons, I don't know - but it's too bad - these have some of his best work on them, done in the '60s with his orchestra, for RCA.

 
There was another in this series, for the '50s, but I missed that, because my first marriage was ending about then, and the RCA Victor Record Club wasn't my top priority at the time. But I still have these LPs, and they still sound great.
Too bad they aren't on YouTube. You'd see what I mean about his music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment