Thursday, July 17, 2014

Meanwhile, back in Deadwood...

The Axeman Cometh.....



I hope little Sally survives the cut, because before Windows 7 came into being, she and I had a very productive exchange about what was wrong with Windows, and she convinced her bosses to take a look at my ideas and I think it helped.
Microsoft became a lot more receptive to users' input, and Windows 7 is a lot more user-friendly as a result.

And I hope the Maharaja of Microsoft knows what he's doing, because I have my doubts about the future being mobile and cloud. There are things especially in the business world which can't be done easily and conveniently on a mobile, and the business world is where Microsoft has always made its bread and butter.

And if we can't trust people we already know, why would we put our faith and our important files in the hands of those we don't know? Governments like that of Germany seem to agree with me on this. They even want to go back to using typewriters because computers are too easily hacked. Get the picture? 

Short P.S. -

Speaking of Windows 7, mine still starts, shuts down, and reboots faster than my Windows 8 Pro.  In all fairness though, I have to admit that I've dressed up Windows 8 with some great freebie add-ons that may be slowing it down... but they make it a lot more fun to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment