Monday, July 21, 2014

Attention Malwarebytes users: It's got problems!

Here's what I found when I tried to start the Premium version of Malwarebytes this morning.... it wouldn't start, so I ran  its Chameleon rootkit-finder, and it had problems too.... (see screenshots)...


Then I went into Control Panel > Programs and Features, and uninstalled it.
After making sure it was all gone, I tried downloading a fresh copy, and it showed errors, so I had to once again uninstall that. Later I tried downloading the freebie version, but it had even more scripting and other errors, and again I had to uninstall that.


Next, and I recommend this, I ran Norton Power Eraser, and it scanned the system and found there was a problem in the Registry, which it fixed. Again I tried downloading a fresh copy of Malwarebytes, and again I got scripting and external errors, and again I used Norton Power Eraser to find and fix Registry problems.

My Registry is once again fixed, and I don't have my paid-for version of Malwarebytes, because something has contaminated it, and they haven't got it fixed yet, and if you put in a trouble ticket, it will be maybe three or four days before they can get to answering you, because they are being sent so many complaints. So just be patient, and use something else. Like Avast Internet Security or SuperAntiSpyware Pro, or preferably both. And don't forget Norton Power Eraser. It works!

Update (7-24-2014)
Here is a Malwarebytes forum with a solution to the errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment