Monday, July 14, 2014

Our Computers: Continued...

I love it when USA Today picks up the ball and runs with it. I did my thing on this titled 'Our Computers' here on July 10, 2014 (which please also see!) and Like I said, PCs are far from dead. But please continue here...




Speaking of computers, and Windows 8, I've probably done more to humanize it using freebies off the web than Microsoft accomplished with their service pack called Windows 8.1. And my big beef with that free on-line upgrade from 8 to the 8.1 is that it comes as a download that takes about an hour, but it isn't in a form from which you could make an installation disk, so later on if it becomes corrupted, it isn't as easy to fix. You could use DISM.exe but you wouldn't have the recovery options available with an install disk unless you bought a copy.




No comments:

Post a Comment