Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monsieur Beep replies to my Monday's posting

Hehe! Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures, of which I do recognize the third. It shows the beach/promenade area near the Orchidea hotel resort. Where's the hammock? Keep on searching - you will find it some day.

I insist: there ARE beautiful señoritas around! Especially at the weekends when the locals come from the mountains or Las Palmas to the beach for a swim. Some (most) of them are of a breathtaking type, black-brown hair, wonderful frame and skin.

Those which you're talking about abound too: they're British tourists haha!! But generally the feminity is worth watching (:-))

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos, Ray. They do represent the place to a large degree.

And my comments on the above:-

I was afraid that I might have scared you off with my little bit of fun with the hunting for the hammock, and I'm glad your sense of humour is still intact.

To get the pictures, I used Google Earth to fly around the area, and then I 'borrowed' a few images from its feature 'Panoramio', some of which when clicked on will enlarge to quite nice pictures. I'm hoping our friends at Google don't mind too much. It's a great program and it needs more exposure - that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

When I first used Google Earth to visit Gran Canaria, I missed most of the best greenery because I was looking in the wrong places. This time, I remembered what you said about the climate, and paid more attention to the areas along the coast. It looks like a very pleasant place to relax in your hammock. I really do envy you, Monsieur - it sure beats the rainy season here on Canada's west coast. 



 This is a larger view of the old Douglas DC6-B out in front of the Aero Club at Bahia Feliz.
The first time I flew out west here from the region where I grew up, part of the trip was in a plane like this, operated by Canadian Pacific Airlines. It was very comfortable, and the trip was quite an adventure for me. I remember the plane I was on had a length of 2-inch pipe about six feet long hanging down from under the tail, and I never got the story on why it was there, but it obviously served some purpose, and had been there a long time. You could see where the end cap on the bottom end had been dragged on the deck quite a few times. Its top end was on a swivel, so it could swing freely. Very strange! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, all this is possible with google earth? Really truly amazing!!!
    It's a shame that old Douglas DC is slowly rotting away...

    No need to envy me, Ray, you might have noticed (Twitter / SenorBeep) that I'm back in D. I've got to be with the cows for a living! Believe me the transisition couldn't have been any worse with temperatures around freezing here in D. And tomorrow is going to be even worse: a large band of rain is expected to arrive from the North, with no changes of temperatures.
    I'll be back to GG for 2 weeks on Dec 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M-M-O-O-O-O-v-e-d back home, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly! Meoooohh!!! (pleeeze note ze German accent)

    ReplyDelete