Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Looking around here....


There's bad weather this afternoon in the high country....

And closer to home, the leaves around the neighborhood are changing.


And I'm fairly sure the bikini season is over for another year here, once again.  I got one of those 'junk mail' type phone-calls again today from some telemarketer south of the border telling me that Macy's, Sears, and even Saks Fifth Avenue have their winter displays up already and I should check it out. The recorded message was rather faint, and I suspect the people initiating it had no idea that I'm nowhere near New York City, Boston or Chicago. I'm on the opposite coast, in fact, and I've never been to New York City, and don't want to go there. But the news was interesting from a historical perspective if nothing else, because usually, those big American department stores don't wheel out their Big Guns to grab the Silly Season trade until after their own Thanksgiving, which isn't until November 26th, almost six weeks away yet. So they're starting early this year for sure. I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment