Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The retail version of Windows 7 came today...

Back in June, while in the thick of testing Windows 7, we were offered a deal if we pre-ordered a copy (or copies) of Windows 7, for delivery after the official retail release on October 22nd.

I pre-ordered one copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, and it arrived by courier from back east this evening. Since I ordered it, I've wished I'd maybe chosen a different version but what's done is done now. And I did get a nice deal - $72 instead of the usual $120 or so. This was Microsoft's way of saying 'thanks' for helping them test this new and improved Windows.

Am I going to install this right away? Nah! I'm not in any rush - if I install it now, I'd be downgrading from Ultimate to Home Premium, and this Ultimate RC version is good yet until March of 2010 before Microsoft starts reminding us to get a retail copy installed. So I'm going to enjoy the Ultimate for a few more months - or maybe longer, if I decide to buy a retail copy of that. It's a nice operating system, and unlike some I could name, this one has worked very well even while in its beta test versions - so I'm quite confident there won't be any cussing, swearing or gnashing of teeth as we get familiar with it. I've been familiar with it now since this past January, and I really like it. I think you will too. It has a lot of nice refinements and improved features that make it very user-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment