Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Goodbye Facebook, Hello Intelligent Life Out There....


I'm the impetuous type, and the other day,  I got tangled up with some younger American who just couldn't take the hint to change a subject I did not want to discuss, because it brought back unpleasant memories of lost pals. That guy just wouldn't give it a rest.  So I resolved the issue with a permanent end to Facebook. Punctuated with a few choice censored words.  I'm all done trying to offer another point of view to those who vigorously resist all thoughts not of their own conception.  They may not always be right, but they are damned well never wrong, and they'll shout that from the rooftops,  given the least excuse....

Here's some pictures....   When I said goodbye to the 'Windows Insiders' gang of voluntary testers for Mighty Microsoft, I didn't quit the computer entirely. I just cleaned the drive of its Windows, and then installed the most recent two releases of Linux Mint's excellent operating system. I put the most recent, version 20, on the optical drive (SSD) and its predecessor 19.3 on the larger hard drive (HDD) giving me a choice. The newest one has features previous ones lack, but I'm far more familiar with the older ones, so I included one of them.



These others are around the neighborhood, using the old Fujifilm Finepix SL-1000, mostly at 50x (max zoom). It lacks sharpness at higher zoom settings, but it was one of the first to have a 50x zoom, and those have improved a lot since then. I got into the superzoom stuff a little early. I should have waited.










2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you, Ray. It doesn’t really matter which airwaves carry your messages, after all. So keep Linux going.

    Well, it does matter which airwaves you’re on, so we can read you, ALL OF US.

    Best wishes from good ole.

    ReplyDelete