Monday, July 27, 2020

Updating Linux Mint 19.3 -




On this desktop, there are two drives: an optical solid-state drive, and a regular hard-drive. I have Linux Mint 20 on the optical drive, and its predecessor 19.3 on the larger hard-drive. Both are actively supported systems. LM-20 is fully supported until 2025, and LM-19.3 is fully supported until 2023. Lately, I've been familiarizing myself with LM-20, but today, I've updated LM-19.3 with its latest batch of updates.

Why two versions of the same operating system? For comparison, and to find out which I like best, and why. So far, I can't decide on one over the other. Both are very good, and I like them both. The older one is more familiar, and the newer is fun to explore, and both, as they say, 'just work'. Unlike Mighty Microsoft's Windows, these don't require a lot of frantic searching for repairs to their parts. They work the first time, and they work properly. And they update or upgrade a hell of a lot faster than Windows ever has. That's one of the main reasons I like them so much. These guys who make Linux Mint know how, and it shows where it really counts. You should try it...

No comments:

Post a Comment