Sunday, July 19, 2020

Winamp's Back !


The people who bought it two or three years ago have finally got off their procrastinating asses, and actually released a beta version of their long awaited upgrade to this great music player.

I'm listening to my favorite Jazz24.org from Seattle on this new laptop, and while the music is still wonderful, the speakers in this thing are the shits! There's just no substitute for big when it comes to fullness of sound, and of course 'big' is something totally foreign to laptops. So the sound leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.


But that's OK - I have bigger & better plugged into the Predator on another desk, and all I'm doing on this notebook is making sure Winamp is still available, and thankfully, it is. I don't have to search the web for half an hour to find its older version. Although, maybe I should - I have a lot of faith in that last full version they released prior to selling it to its present owners. And it works just fine. I've got it on disk here someplace, but this new laptop can't accept disks. It only has USB ports where I need a flash drive loaded with whatever I'd like to install, unless it can be found on the web. I have a couple of empty flash drives, but didn't need them for this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment