Friday, July 17, 2020

Technology's wonderful...


I've been playing with computers and their operating systems for years now, and I'm finally getting it refined to where it feels more comfortable.

The big and powerful Predator desktop now is exclusively Linux, and the new notebook PC handles the Microsoft Win-10 Home operating system. And none of these are test versions. I'm all done with that. 

This morning, I finished up some configuring of newly installed programs on the notebook, and then put it through its first actual use, doing a Zoom video-conferencing session with a nurse at LGH who is monitoring my left hand's recovery from the TIA of 
June 9th. When I was first told that in cases like mine, a partial artery blockage, the brain can 'rewire' itself to work around the damaged portion, I thought, "Yah, ... Sure!" But I stand corrected. It does!

I'm getting more movement back in that hand as the days go by. It now does things like using scissors, or a screwdriver, or buttering bread with a tablespoon. It couldn't do any of those a month ago. 

1 comment: