Saturday, July 18, 2020

The neighbors across the street...


This couple of older folk work like beavers on their grounds. They are out there come rain or come shine, doing something with the flowers or the grass or the back porch, or the front driveway. It's their substitute for going to a gym, obviously. And it does look nice. Even with the wet wash hanging on the old whirligig 'umbrella' style clothesline drier near the back door into their garage. My aunt next door, back when I was a kid about a hundred years ago, had one just like it. These are nothing new. But if it works, why fix it?

There were more trees in the back yard until just a few years ago, and some of us, like the 
Chinese lady across their back fence, and me, the neighborhood 'guard dog', wish there still were. We like trees. When those were cut, Christine, our Chinese neighbor, said, "I am very sad. I liked the trees." And I had to agree. I liked them too. They gave the place a very nice look in the fall, and were a nice place for the birds any time. My flock of crows loved them.

But we can't control what isn't ours. Sometimes, we can't even control what is ours...







1 comment:

  1. "PS" -
    This image is a composite, from half a dozen random shots, overlapping one another, and put together by Microsoft Research's Image Composite Editor, of "ICE" for short. You can find it here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/

    ReplyDelete