Friday, February 7, 2014

Not a great picture, but.....


It's proving something for me, and what it's proving is that the program I found in PC-BSD for downloading from a camera or SD card is working alright, and its filing system can be accessed and the pictures retrieved and edited and posted.
So now, I can honestly say that this new version of PC-BSD does everything for me that I have been doing with Windows. 

I have to add that I've been very pleasantly surprised by how nicely this works and how many various programs have been made to run on it. In that respect,
it's a lot like a Mac - there are programs made to run on it, and those are the ones you download. Once you've downloaded them, the install is automatic, and you can begin using them. And now that PC-BSD is based on FreeBSD with its list of 20,000-plus programs, there's no shortage of ones to install. All you need is a big enough drive. Who knows? I may have to throw out some Windows to make more room on here for the new kid in town....



No comments:

Post a Comment