Friday, June 7, 2019

Guess What? - I came back! Almost from the dead....

I'm getting tired of Facebook - how about you? How much mundane idiotic babble can anyone stand? Survey says: "Certainly not an endless supply!"

So lately, and this is doctor's orders, I get off nice old $3,000 computer here, and go to the park, and ride my new-last-year ladies' model cruiser bike, with my Nikon P510 strapped around my waist, handy for pictures, like this one...

And this one was taken at the foot of 18th Street in West Vancouver, on the seaward side of the building where Denny Boyd, the famous Vancouver Sun columnist lived for years, prior to his leaving us in October of 2006. I'm actually trespassing here, by about fifty feet, into the 'pedestrians only' section of this scenic walkway along the waterfront, leading to its western termination at the Dundarave Pier, in (where else?) Dundarave Village, just outside the also-famous Beach House Restaurant, at the foot of 25th Street.

If I were writing a caption for this photo, it would be "Gee, Mom - Buy me one of those! - Don't wrap it up, I'll play with it here!" I am referring, of course, to that splendiferous creature in the black leggings, center-middle-distance. And I hear you thinking "This old geezer is a real Pervert!" Lewis Grizzard in 'Quotations With An Attitude' said, "Kinky sex involves the use of duck feathers. Perverted sex involves the whole duck." And I must hastily add here that my own sex life is still two-thirds as good as ever; I can still think about it, and I can still talk about it.

But I took thirty-some pictures yesterday afternoon, after leaving the West Vancouver Community Center, and a meeting with 'Barb' who does Respiratory Disease Educating for those of us who are slowly dying because we supported the tobacco industry for too many decades during our wild and crazy youth. And my wild and crazy youth lasted from 1945 until September 6th, 2006, so there's not a lot left of Old Ray's lungs. But there is a God, because they're still working, and my blood oxygen level as I write this is 92%. And that in itself is something of a miracle, because I spent almost ten days of April in East Two Cardiac at our local hospital, annoying the nurses with silly requests, like "Could I please have a snack of crackers & cheese?" - (and I got it too!) But I'm digressing again - (I'm too good at this!) - The hospital thing was because I'd caught pneumonia, for the second time in five years, in spite of having had one of those pneumonia shots two years ago. That earlier shot didn't work very well for anyone, so they went back to the drawing boards, and whomped up another one, and now that I'm out & loose in public again, I've got one of those too. They are $130.00 at your friendly local Pharmacist's, and the jury's still out on whether this new-fangled one works any better than that previous abortion. So don't get me started on the subject of 'Big Pharma', please.....

Anyway, to wrap my session with Barb, let me say she thinks I need "more human contact". She's a lovely young lady, very patient with babbling old idiots like me, so I didn't have the heart to argue with her about that. But the plain bare-faced truth is, It was human contact that got me this way!

So let's move on, shall we? Pictures! Yes! I do have more. How about some geese in the water?





Or maybe a big container ship at anchor in our watery 'parking lot' offshore from Spanish Banks, on the south side of Burrard Inlet? This shot is a composite, made using Microsoft Research's 'Image Composite Editor', which is just the world's best panorama-maker. It beats anything Canon ever had, and I really like Canon products. This is better. I give it five stars. Why? Because it does all the 'heavy lifting' for you. Dump your pix into it, select 'Splice', and 'Poof!' - it has done it, without you dragging & matching up anything. That's all automatic in 'ICE'.....



There's more of course, but I'm going to open a new posting for those, because I'm having difficulty with allotted space in this one.... so do come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment