Sunday, June 30, 2019

The 'top ten' today....

The thing about blogging is that it's a daily grind. If you take a day off to enjoy your old age, your ratings drop like a stone. "O ye of little faith!" And I see China is still calling itself 'Unknown Region'. They are partly right. It's hard to get to know a nation that insists on cutting its options and pretending it doesn't want to connect to the rest of the planet. We know that's not true, because they have spies all over. And I'd still like to be able to watch their Bluecat cartoons, or see what's new at that amazing Three Gorges Dam and shipping locks on the big river there. Maybe they are missing out on a good thing - who knows? My Chinese neighbor across the street said "You should learn Mandarin!" - And I replied, "I have enough trouble with 26 characters, never mind 600, or 3,000."
I believe in 'KISS' - "Keep It Simple Stupid".


No comments:

Post a Comment