Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Last evening at the park, on the bike, with small pocket camera....

"Alas, Dear Yorick, I knew it well.....and it wasn't worth a Fiddler's F***!"
(The small pocket camera, that is! - A Nikon Coolpix A300)

But don't take my word for it.... Have a look at its pictures...

And please bear in mind that some or all of these have been 'tweaked' with two third-party graphics-editing programs: Irfan Skiljan's excellent 'Irfanview' and also my favorite golden-oldie of 2003, from Arcsoft, their 'PhotoStudio 5.5' - which, incidentally, still works wonderfully well in the latest versions of Win-10, both Home and Pro, each of which I have on one or the other of my two PCs. And it goes without saying, that if those two editing programs can't rescue a deficient RAW Image from a camera, then there's just no hope for it. So to Nikon, I would have to say that I'm terribly disappointed with this cute little product of yours. I know you had high expectations for it, and I know I should have returned it to the store for a full refund, but I didn't do that, because I've dealt there a lot of years now, and I wouldn't feel comfortable going back to them with a problem like this for the price involved. For me, that wouldn't be something I would want to do. But the next time I look at a new Nikon, and I will, it will be tested before I leave the store, or else I don't buy it. Period.

















No comments:

Post a Comment