Friday, November 28, 2014

The Amaryllis and today's snow report, all in one


While I was setting the flower high enough to get some light from the window, even though it faces north, a hummingbird came along, hovered for a few seconds, looking at the flowers, and then flew off again. I always assumed those birds went south for the winter, but there's still at least one around here. And yesterday when I awoke from my afternoon nap, the temperature was 57 F and we were obviously enjoying another 'Pineapple Express' from Hawaii. Looking at the hills out the window, it doesn't look like we're heading into a great ski season around here this year. Those hilltops should be white if we were. But I'm not complaining. At my age, I'll take all the mild weather I can get, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment