Monday, November 24, 2014

Something else that works in Windows Tech Preview: Winamp


Look up....'way up....at the top of the screen. It's in Windowshade Mode...



And here it is in its normal configuration. It resizes lengthwise if you grab an edge and drag it. I prefer the "windowshade" mode, because it fits into a title bar neatly. The bad news is, you can't download this right now, because they packed it in a while back. But I've used this for years in former Windows, and
moved this here from Windows 8. Thankfully, it still works fine, and KPLU's Jazz24 still sounds wonderful. The Winampers are trying to revive this wonderful player, but as yet, it isn't back up on the web. So I'm glad I've kept mine. And I can't imagine a player this good going out of business. I wish Microsoft would take it over and revitalize it. It's a hell of a nice player and it sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment