Sunday, November 30, 2014

More fun with computer...

After I did that previous thing here, I decided to check into Windows 8 Pro which is on this same hard-drive, just to make sure it was surviving all this testing on the next partition. It wasn't, not entirely. A few things weren't working, like my 8GadgetPack gadgets, and Winroll, which does this


to an open window like this one I'm working on right now. So I ran DISM.exe and it labored mightily for quite a while, and then showed me this...



and after that, things began working normally again, and the gadgets came back, and Winroll was back in the system tray area, and working, and I celebrated by making the new plain green theme above, because someone said green is more restful on the eyes and mine are no youngsters.

And again, let me repeat: if you're installing Windows Technical Preview, create a new partition for it before you start and format it NTFS, so everything's ready for the install. I certainly don't advise overwriting another working operating system just yet, because we're much too early in the process. And eventually, you're going to have to junk it anyway, when the testing period has ended. So it's best on its own space, and keep everything else in their own spaces.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment