Thursday, November 20, 2014

Another day, another new Windows build: 9860


When I first started it, Build 9860 had some of its Apps including The Store not working, so I couldn't get News Bento (one of my favorites) and also my beloved gadgets weren't working. The cure? Windows Powershell and SFC /scannow. Then, I re-installed the App for The Store, reinstalled USA Today, and News Bento, got my Desktop Gadgets back, and used Ultimate Windows Tweaker to once again remove those shortcut arrows that came back when the new build was installed. Peace returns to the valley. And those problems in Powershell (above) aren't from the stuff I've added - those are glitches in other stuff that came with the program - or didn't. I looked at the logs, (and they go on and on....) Microsoft should scan my machine for them.

Meanwhile, moving right along, now that things are working again....


This is one of my favorite Apps, because it's not just one, but a whole flock....


And this is one of the flock, MSNBC First Read, and Rachel Maddow and like that. Essential stuff for all loyal Democrats. The thinking man's political party. Sometimes, reading the news, I get the impression Republicans are Democrats with their brains removed....along with a few escapees from the Funny Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment