Monday, November 24, 2014

This one's for Microsoft's Feedback, to include more details...

Maybe I'm a dummy, but I can't figure out how to send screenshots in Feedback, and be sure that I sent what I wanted you to see, so I'm going to do my thing here, and hope that you get to see it.... I'll reference this on your own Feedback App in Windows Technical Preview, so you'll know where to find it.

Here's what's happening. I get this little error window across the opening flash screen for Stellarium, and I can't clear it, unless I hammer repeatedly on the button for "Continue" doing that rapidly enough that it doesn't have time to fight back, and finally surrenders, and gives me the opening full-screen display, where I have access to Stellarium's controls along the bottom and left sides of its screen.


When I do get Stellarium to open the program, it looks like this....



And those "Removable Drives" referenced by that pop-up error message?



These really aren't "removable drives" - they are four USB Ports across the front of the PC's tower. I couldn't insert a disk in any of them even if I wanted to, and that wouldn't help anyway, because the program doesn't use disks. It comes as a direct download from this website and installs directly onto your hard-drive in your Programs folder, so no disks or USB ports are involved.

I hope this helps the folks at Microsoft to track down this little problem, and I have to add here that this is the only flaw I've been able to find in Windows Technical Preview after more than a week of full-time use. I think this one's going to be a real winner, and I hope everyone jumps all over it. This is what we were hoping for last time, and now we've got it - or we soon will have it. And to the folks at Mighty Microsoft, "Thanks, Everyone! You're doing a fine job."

No comments:

Post a Comment