Monday, November 24, 2014

Want to make your own Icons? Here's the program...


When I got this program, it was 'early days' for it, and it was a fabulous 'freebie' and I've still got that, and it still works like a charm. I'm sure this version does too, because these folks do very good work. If you want to make an icon from any reasonably sized image, this can do it. I should add, however, that not everything that looks good in a large image will still look great  when reduced to the size of icons. So you have to be a bit choosey, and maybe experiment a little before you get exactly what you want. But this is a great program, and most of these icons you see on my screen's left side were made with it. I hardly ever use someone else's icons when I can use my own. It gives your screen a more personal touch. Take an image, reduce the size to about 400 pixels square, and you're ready to turn it into an icon, and yes, it handles transparencies...

No comments:

Post a Comment